Sunday, June 1, 2008

I live and breathe

Mother I live and breathe
To see the innocent blood everywhere spilled
And the unborn child by the spoiled killed
To see the respectful lady selling her body for food
To obey the State and to the homeless become rude
To see the sweet girl by her loving daddy raped
And the little boy from his drunken mother escaped
To see the elderly waiting to die in their shelters
And while I’m asleep my neighbor swelters
Yes father I continue to live and breathe
To see the wolf has become the shepherd
And the deer chasing the stranded leopard
To hear the filthy preaching purity
And the slave around the world selling liberty
To witness the twisted logic commonly spoken
And the line of wisdom since long ago broken
To listen to the fool about his good judgment talking
To see the captain racking while the sailor his ship docking
To hear new words and myths everyday invented
And to see our land without permission rented
Tell me darling,
Should I give up or should I continue to dream
To see the free birds sing without a note
To help our ship stay afloat
And to see the children in peace play
Would my patience eventually pay
Tell me darling what you think and say

2 comments:

Salah said...

Nice

read this today and be rught back tomorrow for the other three.

:)

RLdVW said...

I'm glad you liked it :)

Let me know when you're done with the other three so I can remove them.

Cheers

See you soon enshalla